Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 116 Last full day at Isle of Hope Marina (Savannah)

     A fairly quiet day with some work on Lucky Us as well as some fun. The Admiral worked inside while I cleaned the starboard (right) side of the hull (finished the job). I had sprayed on phosphoric acid (Day 115) to remove the brown moustache on the bow. Of course, the rest of the hull did not look nearly as white so I hauled out the phosphoric acid spray bottle and took off some more rust stains. Then I used Formula 409 along with the long handle scrub brush to clean up the rest of the hull. I followed that up with some Soft Scrub to remove "rubber" marks from fenders, dock rub guards, etc. Of course, I should have done the port side, but since we were tied along side a dock. There was no pier to work from on the other side (at least that was my excuse).

    By then it was lunch time, which was followed by a (well deserved, ha ha) nap. After that we borrowed the loaner car from the marina and went to see "Love Is All You Need" with Pierce Brosnan. It was actually a pretty good movie for a "Chick Flic", and of course, copious amounts of popcorn helped improve my opinion...

    After the movie we made a quick stop at the local Piggly Wiggly supermarket for some cleaning supplies for me. T his is just in case I get motivated to clean the port side of the hull in the future. Notice that I did not say "near" future. The Admiral wanted me to be prepared in case I suddenly got motivated. She really is so thoughtful...

     We also stopped at Best Buy and bought a router with a signal booster. We have Google TV on both TVs (salon and master stateroom), but the free wifi at the marinas is generally a weak signal so we usually cannot stream movies without long breaks while the signal reloads. Wow! We had been researching all sorts of much more expensive options for external, marine antennas and boosters. So far, at least at the Isle of Hope Marina we had a much stronger signal and uninterrupted movies.

     Tomorrow we are off to Hilton Head, South Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment