Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 2-330 in Aberdeen for the day

     We decided late last night to spend an extra day at the Aberdeen Marina. Ever since we spent the 12 days in Chicago about 6 weeks ago, I have been struggling to even keep "close" to up to date on the Blog. I decided to make the final push today, and as of this post, I am once again up to date. Whoop! Now all that I have to do is to keep it up...
  The Admiral was kind enough to let me slip into Blog-mode for the day. She was busy herself with lots of cleaning, including vacuuming every where. Tomorrow, we are heading to Columbus, MS, which is the largest city in this area. After all of the work today, we should be relatively free to enjoy a couple of days there. I think that we are both pumped for that!
     Lately, I have had far too many sunrise pictures in my own "modest" opinion, so this morning it was a treat to sleep in until almost 9:00 am. So, for the first picture (at the right) we will start with the sunset today. It was not much of a sunset in the trees with no clouds to light up from below. The weather prediction for this afternoon was one of those 40% chance of scattered t-storms, but as you can see, the sky by evening was cloudless.
     Last night we were the only transients at the dock, but we did get two more Loopers today. They are barely visible at the far left in the picture at the left. Any way it was nice to have some friendly fellow boaters to chat with if only briefly.

     We had lunch again at the marina office-gas station-store. I had fried catfish while the Admiral chose the chicken. We had both had the chicken for lunch yesterday. Tonight it was dinner on board, and with the dinette table cleared off we ate dinner at the table.

     Well, with all of the time spent working today there is really not much to report. So, I will close with my attempt to photograph the near full moon as it rose in the east.... See Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment