Sunday, December 3, 2017

Spirit in the Sky








It is with great sadness that I report that on November 9th my dear captain sailed away.  He is on God’s Great Loop adventure now.  John positively impacted so many people (family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and students) especially in his role as a Geology Professor for over 40 years!  He was not only a fantastic husband he was my dearest friend and we were so blessed to live his boating and travel dreams.  He was smitten with his three grandkids as I am too.  He truly lived life to its fullest!



During this past year he had slowed down on his blog posts.  This was because of struggles with internet connectivity, especially while in Canada.  As a result he started enjoying the time he had previously devoted to the blog which made it even harder to get back into that groove. We do have a treasure trove of photos that I will be organizing and eventually posting.  We ended this boating season at the beginning of October when we stored “Lucky Us” in heated storage in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.  It is scheduled to be launched at the beginning of May next year.  So there is a little time to decide how to handle the boat.


Rest in peace O Captain, My Captain - you will be missed!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Even though I already know this, I'm still so sad reading it. John IS missed, no doubt. He was a good man. My sympathies to you, his Admiral, and my friend. XO

    ReplyDelete