Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 2-186 Weather day (off) in Beach Haven, NJ

With strong winds (gusts up to 30 mph) and rain predicted for today, we had planned to stay at the dock today. It was not all that lazy since I had to get up early (8:30 am) to take the Admiral to breakfast at "The Chicken or the Egg" where we had dinner last evening. I complained but not too loudly, since I had already scoped out the breakfast menu. I had Texas Style French Toast covered with apple cobbler...  Wow! Talk about a sugar high!  When we got back to Lucky Us, I fought a valiant fight, but I ended up taking my afternoon nap in the late morning.

I did not have to feel very guilty since the Admiral had stopped on the way back to make an appointment for a little pampering -aka a pedicure. Also, when she left the boat, I was banished to the engine room to make the daily engine check. While I was down there having a "fun time", I also did a couple of other (very) small jobs. Actually, I wanted to be down in the engine room appearing to be still slaving away when she returned...

The wind gusts probably never got up to 30 mph, but we certainly had rain on and off all day long. So, it was a good day to have been in port. The weather forecast for tomorrow is much better with no rain and only 15 mph winds so we may well move on in the morning. We have been moving north up the east coast since last July when we reached Stuart, FL on Day 65!!!  After 121 days, including days in port, we finally are very close to New York City. That fact was made even more obvious when we hooked up the cable TV provided by the marina. The local cable TV channels are from NYC. Yup, we are getting close...

2 comments:

  1. Remember Dave McConnell? I remember him stating, "That's what I love about America, you can have dessert for breakfast, and get away with it."

    You lead a hard life, John....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Dave has quite a (Irish) wit! Of course, you can get this menu item 24/7...

    ReplyDelete