Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 2-195 relaxing stay in Shady Harbor Marina

It has been a while since we stayed in a marina with a loaner car so we took advantage and went into town for lunch and grocery shopping. It was a nice break, and I was out of ice cream so I had more than a passing interest in the grocery store.

When we arrived yesterday, the Dock Master said the pool was still closed, but he added that it was now clean enough for swimming. I then checked, but the sign said Pool Closed. However, today when we returned from shopping, the sign now read (see photo at right).

Now that we are well away fro our natural air conditioner (the Atlantic Ocean), the temperatures have been in the low 80s (F). So, today was the first day that I wore shorts for a full day. The pool looked so inviting that I put on my swimsuit and headed for the pool followed by a less optimistic Admiral.

For all of you "nay sayers", I have photographic proof... Admittedly it took about 5 minutes to ease into the chilly water, but I even swam 2 laps. Whoop!

Yes, it is Memorial Day weekend, but summer is indeed finally here! This was about 2:00 pm, and at that point I am pretty sure that I held the record for the "oldest swimmer" for this year by about 58 years... It may be several weekends before that "record" falls.



In case you are wondering about the Admiral, well she was a little more timid, but she did at least get her feet wet.


Shady Harbor Marina was a nice stop, and we might have stayed longer if the two boats in front of us had not been Party Central. So, we have made plans for an early departure to get to the start of the Erie Canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment